Monday, April 28, 2008

The Miles are Starting to Show

Looking over last week's training log, I see that the totals were 133 miles and over 8000 feet of climbing. The miles are starting to show.

1) I've recently had to replace my bike chain as it was stretched out from all the heavy riding I've been doing.
2) Thursday, I had my first flat.
3) Also on Thursday, one of the screws fell off of one of my biking shoes cleats while I was riding. I didn't find it out until I tried to unclip and couldn't. Without the point of resistance from missing screw, my cleat just spun around not allowing me to unclip. I had to do the last part of the Soledad ride unclipping from the opposite side than I am used to. Got a little squirrely there for a bit..
4) I need to true my back tire as it is starting to get a little too wobbly for comfort.

Now for the body:

A) sore lower back
B) a bit of a knee twinge
C) very sore Vaste Externe muscles. See chart below




















D) Foot pain that I suspect is Plantar Fascia Strain
E) and finally some very sore quads.

Today I'm feeling particulary dehydrated and can't seem to catch up with my hydration despite drinking like a fish all day.

Consequently, I took a well deserved day off from working out.

No comments: