Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lake Powell Roam-a-Rama

I took a break from training this weekend and roamed to Phoenix to attend a company function. Flew into Phoenix on Friday morning, worked 1/2 a day and then loaded onto a bus with about 40 of my closest co-workers and drove about 4 hours to Lake Powell. It was a very fun trip and I got to meet a lot of people from our Phoenix office. Friday night we were treated to a delicious dinner and a rousing evening of


















Bunko!


Which is quite possibly the game with the least amount of strategy that I have ever played. It's really just an excuse to sit at a table and chat. That being said, I actually had the worst score of the entire party and won cash prizes! My pathetic score was good for $15 dollars!

Saturday, we all loaded up on a boat and took a 3+ hour trip to Rainbow Bridge, an incredible natural arch. The entire area is beautiful. Here are a few pics.


















On the Boat


















On the Boat II



















Rainbow Bridge

We also found an actual dinosaur footprint. Neat!


















Dinosaur Footprint


All and all, a great way to spend the day although I was a little windblown at the end of the trip.

















Saturday night was awesome BBQ in Flagstaff and then back to Phoenix for the night. Good times.

No comments: