Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Much healthier

I got some good news in my diet/nutrition class today. Today we received our "Risk Factor Profile". When I started my diet program, 1-1/2 years and 205 lbs ago, I filled out a medical questionaire concerning my eating, exercise and lifestyle habits. You can imagine what it might look like for a 400 lb dude. Not good. According to the way this chart works, a healthy American has a Risk Factor Score of zero (0). Mine was +26. Biggest hits were being very overweight, not doing any exercise, high blood pressure, and not eating enough fruits/veggies. Poor. Today profile 1-1/2 years later, is much better. I now have a Total Risk Factor of -12! That is a net change of 38 risk factor points. My doctor says that I've added another 15 years to my life. This makes me very happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, this is really great news!! I'm very happy for you.
Take care, Barbet