Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fundraising

No training today. It was way too hot anyway. I spent a good 6 hours today at a local park handing out TnT pamphlets, talking to people and handing out water to overheated runners and walkers in exchange for donations. I don't want to be too mysterious about the location but I was asked to keep it a secret for the time being by the person that suggested it to me.

Brutal heat again and attendance dropped to just a few glutton for punishment stragglers after 12pm. I counted a total of 20 cars in the parking lot at that time, which is normally filled to capacity. I came back home to cool down and went back at 4PM to catch the afternoon crowd. Unfortunately they never showed up and after an hour of sitting in the sun with no foot traffic coming by, I decided to call it a day. I plan to go back at 6:30 am tomorrow and will hopefully stay until Noon or until I run out of water.

I've nearly reached about 60% of my $6,500 fundraising goal. I've still got a ways to go so I'll be hitting the fundraising trail pretty hard right up until the event day at the end of October.

No comments: