Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to the Gym

Decided to forgo my weekly Thursday night DeAnza Cove walk. I've had some very mediocre training experiences there over the last month or so. It is too far away from my work so I don't have time to warm up and stretch properly as I get there so late. Went back to the gym today and did 35 minutes on the elliptical and lifted weights for another 1/2 hour. The cross training is good for me. I also noticed today that I have a little soreness in my groin, probably from Tuesday's sprint session so I'm glad I mixed it up today.

Today, I also wore some new running shorts that I bought on Saturday. They are thinner material and are cut a bit shorter than the shorts I usually wear. I didn't have a problem with them on Tuesday 5-miler but I noticed my thighs rubbing together a bit today while on the elliptical. Every little thing like this will be magnified 10-fold on the 18-miler on Saturday so I don't think I'm going to risk it. I've done long mileage in my usual type of shorts so I'm going to stick with them.

Friday's a rest day and time to carb up for Saturday's planned 18-mile walk.

No comments: