Monday, June 16, 2008

Training Log - June 16-22

Monday: 45-min swim at the Tierra Santa City Pool. I arrived at the lunch hour and heard what sounded like a loud party going on. Put the trunks on and then step out to a pool full of about 30 ten year olds having a pizza party with a DJ providing the full gamut of Kelly Clarkson to Nelly Furtado. They were hilarious, jumping around dancing and singing at the top of their lungs. A funny moment happened when the DJ slipped in Yellow Submarine by the Beatles. No one knew the song and the kids just froze with puzzled looks on their faces. Too funny.

The workout was great. I hadn't done any real swimming in 3-4 years and was pleased to see that I hadn't forgotten everything. The technique, especially breathing needs work but I was pleased with my endurance.

Tuesday: Bike to work day. Small hitch, got another flat. I had a flat on Sunday and used my only spare tube to fix it. Luckily, one of my coworkers was still in the office and gave me a ride to pick up some extra tubes. On the way home, I got another slow leak and had to stop twice to pump up. Took me twice as long to get home and it was nearly dark when I got there. The perils of riding to work. Lesson learned.

Wednesday: I had another chiropractor's appointment during the lunch hour to deal with my nagging foot issue. It is definitely getting better with the therapy. I took a 4-mile walk around the neighborhood after getting home from work. It's been a long while since I did any real walking. Results weren't so good. I've lost a lot of speed and form since I switched main sports to cycling. I'm going to have to dedicate some more time to this if I'm really going to do the 1/2-marathons I have on my schedule.

In other news, I found the tiny metal sliver that was stuck in my tire that was giving me repeated flats. Hopefully, I've resolved the problem as I'm planning on riding to work on Friday.

Thursday: Snuck in another lunchtime swim session. Sadly no 10-year olds pizza party for additional entertainment.

Friday: Nothing today.

Saturday: Too hot. Went to the movies instead of working out :)

Sunday: 48-Mile bike ride from San Juan Campistrano back to San Diego.

No comments: