Saturday, June 14, 2008

Plotting

Well now that my event is over, I have all this free time. I definitely want to stay in bike shape and have a couple of other short term goals I want to accomplish in the time I'm taking off between seasons. The next big goal is to do a triathlon in April of next year. This is going to be another TnT event but official training doesn't start until late November. Some goals:
  • Keep in bike shape
  • Start swimming with an eye towards be competent before the Triathlon training begins
  • Get dive certified
  • Start walking again. Possibly start trying to do a little running
  • Try a little Yoga
  • Hike
  • etc, etc, etc.
You get the picture. I have more interest in things than I have time. Consequently I'm in search of the perfect work out schedule. Right now it looks something along the lines of

Monday: Swim at lunch (45 mins)
Tuesday: Bike to and from work (approx 17.5 miles round trip)
Wednesday: Swim
Thursday: Bike to work
Friday: Cross train day: Weight lift, hike, walk
Saturday: Long Mileage bike day (minimum 40-miles)
Sunday: Rest day

This schedule has me riding 75-miles a week. I need to find a spot to fit in a long walk somewhere. Friday or Sunday may turn into long walk day.

I've also got a couple of events that I'm eyeing.

August 3 - San Francisco 1/2-Marathon
Semptember 6 - Big Bear 1/2-Marathon
September 27 - Lighthouse Century Ride
November 9 - Big Sur 1/2 Marathon

No comments: