Sunday, June 29, 2008

Farewell Ride

Today we had a "farewell" ride for one of my team mates, Naomi who is moving to Baltimore. Ex-mentor Jay organized a really fun 58 Mile mile bike ride along the beautiful coastline including a stretch through La Jolla that I hadn't done before.

Riding were Naomi, myself, Jay, Amanda, Tonya, Mark and Coach Rick. Here's a photo we took somewhere in La Jolla.















Notice the cool America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride jerseys that Naomi, Jay and I are wearing. They may be "cool" but they are the warmest jersey I've ever worn. They'll make a nice winter season jersey.

We had a nice long stop at Coach DJ's house in Crown Point. He put out quite the spread.
DJ Sag where we had the classic "no means no" incident that will live on forever.

Along the ride, we would occasionally all yell out, "Naomi, Don't Go" to guilt her into staying.

One of the highlights of the trip was heading into Pizza Port at Mile 53 for some pizza and some adult refreshments. We had to leave our bikes outside which made everyone nervous as we didn't have any locks. Look at the pile up.




















We hung out for over an hour and let me tell you the final 5 miles back to our respective cars was quite an adventure. I was apparently doing a little swerving along theway. At one point Jay and I were in the front cracking jokes. When I started quoting Cheech and Chong he just started busting up. We were both laughing so hard, that Tonya, who was riding behind us called us Wiggles and Giggles. Too funny.

We had a great time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Steve

That ride and the entire season means so much to me. I miss you all so much, I can't imagine a better Team or better experience than we had. I miss all of you so much out here in Baltimore!

Naomi

Steve said...

I miss you too, Naomi. I'm down to only one bike girlfriend now. :(