Sunday, March 22, 2009

7 Wake Up calls

In Pasadena for one of Christine's events. She is currently running the inaugural Pasadena 1/2 Marathon. Actually, it is more of a re-inaugural as we were in town last year for her to do it and it was canceled at 4am the day of the race due to smoke from nearby wildfires.

My plan was to sleep in this morning to recover from a stressful day yesterday that saw me riding 50 miles with my Team, fighting with my convertible soft-top, that all of sudden stopped opening in mid-use, rushing to the Amtrak train station to catch the train and finally losing my wallet somewhere along the way!

4:15 am: the hotel phone on the desk rings, but somehow the one on the bedside doesn't making me have to get out of bed to address it.
4:30 am: The real wake-up call from the hotel
4:45 am: the follow-up wake up call.
6:00 am: the alarm clock goes off! Leftover setting from previous occupant
6:10 am: it goes off again! I guess I didn't turn it off correctly when fumbling in the dark and I just hit the snooze.
6:15 am: My cell phone alert goes off. I had put Christine's race in my calendar and didn't turn off the default 30 min alert.
7:30 am: cell phone rings...wrong number

I give up! Showered and now time to head out to the finish line.

No comments: