Monday, May 5, 2008

Training Log - May 5 - 11

Monday: Nothing

Tuesday: Spin class w/ Coach Phil. Starting to feel pretty blah. I think I'm getting sick. Foot started bothering me again which limited my standing climb. I decided to ease up instead of pushing it. I didn't want to risk aggravating it so close to the event. Did the equivalent of 15-miles.

Wednesday: Definitely feeling run down. Taking a night off from working out.

Thursday: Two faces of Mount Soledad with DJ. Was still feeling a bit under the weather but managed to muddle along and get it done. Need a good night's sleep tonight. 15-miles, 1,680 feet of climbing.

Friday: Shopping day. Dropped another bill on bike clothing. New gloves, gel-padded bike shorts, a couple of spare tubes and some bars in prep for tomorrow's ride. This sure is an expensive sport. I need to decide on whether to try and break the new shorts in during tomorrow's ride. We're scheduled to do something like 87-Miles so I'll be mighty uncomfortable if they don't work out. I may just take my normal shorts and have the SAG carry them around just in case so I can switch them out if it becomes a problem.

Saturday: Long mileage day. 88-Miles, 5000+ feet of climbing.

Sunday: 36-Mile Noodle Ride from Solana Beach Train Station up to Oceanside and back. Beautiful ride up and down the coast.

No comments: