Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Training Log August 20-26

Monday: Balboa Park - 4 Miles. I cut the normal 5-Mile walk down to 4 to be able to catch the Laurel and Hardy silent's at the Spreckles outdoor amphitheater. The short films with shown along with a performance of a live organist. Great time.
Tuesday: Feeling ill took the day off.
Wednesday: 2 Mile walk at Lunch. So busy, just trying to squeeze some miles in.
Thursday: 5 Miles at DeAnza Cove. Not feeling it again. I'm not sure what it is about this location. I might be the day of the week. I'm probably going to give up this training session and make this a gym night. I need to work in some weights to strengthen my knees.
Friday: Day off
Saturday: 9 Miles in Encinitas. Felt strong the whole way. I decided to really push myself this session. The weather was overcast and cool. PERFECT for walking. I did the 9 miles in 2hrs 12 minutes which is a pace of 14.7 minute miles. This is big improvement of my previous time. Coach Ellen walked with me for a couple of miles and timed me and I was doing 13.5 minute miles when I walked with her. My endurance is up too so I'm going to keep pushing.

No comments: