Thursday, August 2, 2007

Not feelin' it today

Met up with the team and walked DeAnza Cove for a bit of interval training. Couldn't get the mojo working today. I felt stiff and uncoordinated the entire 5 miles. I think the problem stems from Tuesday walk where I hit it hard without stretching since I arrived late. I've had some pain in my legs the last couple of days that makes me think I may have strained something. The 6pm starts are killing me as I can barely make it on time to meet up with the group and don't have enough time to stretch very well. Going to have to figure something out.

Two other walkers, Coach Ellen and Roxanne were also having leg/shin problems and took it slow today. Wear and tear is starting to show so I'm going to be a little more careful.

Did some more torturous sit-ups with Kat and Erika today. We stepped it up a bit and did 3 sets. I'm still sore from Monday's single set. I also threw in a few push-ups for good measure.

Friday is supposed to be a rest day but I'll probably do something light, possibly a short bike ride. Saturday is big miles again and I want to be sure that my legs are back to normal.

No comments: