Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Training Log - 05/18 - 05/24

Monday: Rest day

Tuesday: Big ring Tuesday on Fiesta Island. Very windy evening on the Island. Did the ole forgot to turn on the bike computer thing but the totals were right around 20 miles. Had a great group of 7 riders. I got there late again and met up with teammate Kathryn in the parking lot. We rushed out to the road and started our warm up lap. I think I see the rest of our group on the road up ahead so we speed up to try and catch them. The two of us average over 20 MPH into a headwind trying to catch them. Not them :(

We finally meet up with them and get in one sprint before we do the follow the leader game. DJ takes a turn leading us out steadily ramping up the speed. After one fast lap, he pulls off and I'm in the lead again. Round and round we go with a face full of wind. I do two laps pretty much as fast I can steadily go before I pull off gasping. Good time.

Wednesday: some small walking during lunch time.

Thursday: Two climbs up Soledad Mountain with Lisa and Natalie. We climb Soledad Mountain Road first and then do the Nautilus Street face. 15 miles, 1660 feet of climbing. Woo-hoo.

Friday: Rest day.

Saturday: Team Ride. 96 miles, 4100 feet of climb.

Sunday: only work out was doing 12-ounce curls at DJ's Summer Kick-off BBQ party.

No comments: