Sunday, May 31, 2009

Final Prep

Saturday was final prep day for the Team. Short ride of 40 miles was made very interesting because of the rain. I ended up riding most of the ride with my fellow mentor, Tom as we had a few no shows, one destroyed bicycle and rider take a messy spill and deciding to call it a day. We had a really fun and zippy little ride. We were supposed to take our Team photo after the ride, but 40 miles of riding in on wet roads killed that idea. I arrived back at the start soaking wet, with a big muddy stripe up my back. Luckily, my office was only a couple of blocks away and I was able to shower and get generally cleaned up for the pizza party. We received our event day jersey's and final instructions and generally had a lot of fun just hanging out. We're supposed to take it easy this week as next Sunday is showtime!

No comments: