Friday, March 21, 2008

Silent Movie Nerd Fest

Friday is normally a rest day for me as I have to save my legs for the big Saturday rides. I'll also confess that I work 1/2 days on Fridays and use the afternoon to get all my errands done and sometimes just veg out and watch movies. Today one of my coworker, Noel came over for a mini silent film nerd fest. People that enjoy silent films like I do are pretty hard to find. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my co-worker was one of them. We had been planning a get together for a long while and were finally able to get the stars to align today.

The program I put together was













Ask Father (1919) - 13-min short starring Harold Lloyd.















One Week (1920) - 19-min short starring Buster Keaton. My favorite from him.















Neighbors (1920) - 18-min short starring Buster Keaton.

Followed by two feature films.












Asphalt (1929) - Directed by Joe May















Metropolis (1927) - Directed by Fritz Lang. This is the big daddy of all silent films. Crazy beautiful stuff.

No comments: