Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday Skippage

Tuesday and I skipped my workout. Tuesday is the day I attend HMR weight management class and it is the start of a new week in my diet program. So this means that everything resets to zero and I have 7 days to meet my exercise, recordkeeping and eating goals so sometimes I procrastinate and just use this day to run errands. I had some TnT fundraising stuff to organize during my lunch hour, including sending reminder emails to bunches of people. Shook loose another $200 today! I'm approaching the half-way point but the raising the remainder of my $6,500 commitment is starting to look daunting. I'm quickly running out of family, friends and co-workers and am going to have to really start thinking outside of the box.

I attend class immediately after work and today filled out a questionnaire to determine how healthy I am. I filled one out last year when I was much heavier and was determined to be in a very high risk category; like crossing the interstate blindfolded high risk category. I'm very curious to see how this evaluation compares to last year. Should be much better.

I need to have blood drawn as part of this evaluation so I'm going to get up early and head in before work tomorrow. It's fasting blood work which means that I can't eat before I leave for work, which is going to throw off my whole routine. I've found that a large part of weight loss and maintenance is all about how you deal with disruptions to your normal routine. There are two paths to go down. 1) hit Denny's for a Country Grand Slam after getting my blood drawn. 2) pre-blend my normal morning protein shakes and take them with me. It comes down to choices like that, sometimes.

Should have gone to the gym after class but went to pick up my new Laser Disc player that I was having serviced by Ross and decided to play with it instead. Laserdiscs may be a dead format but I love them. I was finally able to track down a Pioneer CLD-704 after years of searching for one. Great player and hard to find, made in 1994. Ross lubed it up, replaced the belt, fine tuned the laser focus and got it working like a champ. Threw in some audio heavy discs and got the pad rockin'. My neighbors must love me.

Back on track tomorrow.

No comments: