Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Packin'

Got out of work a bit late today so couldn't join up with the TnT group. I ended up doing my normal gym routine, 45 minutes on the treadmill and some light weight work. I wasn't too motivated but tomorrow is the mid-week check-in with my HMR coach, Michelle and I want to have some physical activity (PA) logged. Managed to burn around 632 calories, not bad as the minimum requirement for an entire week is 2,000 calories.

My brother, Angel gets married this Saturday so tonight I'm taking care of some last minute details. Number 1 on the list is figuring out how to iron my Barong Tagalog. This is a crazy cool formal Filipino wedding shirt. My brother's fiancee, Phoebe is a Filipina and they decided to go that route in lieu of tuxes and big ole wedding dresses. The shirt is made of a very sheer, sturdy fiber made from the leaves of the pineapple tree. The front of my shirt was hand embroidered and it is very slick looking. I'm worried about taking an iron to it and damaging it. Going to have to break out the old wet hankerchief trick that I learned from my Tia Eva to crease my pants back in the day. Also have to finish writing my toast, shine my shoes, find my digital camera, and pack the rest of my clothes for the weekend.

I'm carpooling up with the a grip of my cousins and we are planning to leave at 8pm. 9 of us in a Suburban for about 8 hours of driving! Going to be interesting. Friday is the pre-wedding party and Saturday is the big day and then back home on Sunday.

Getting my workouts in and watching what I eat is going to be a major challenge this weekend.

No comments: