Monday, February 25, 2008

Training Log February 25 - March 3

Monday: Another lunch meeting and no working out.

Tuesday: Spin class with the Team. 690 Calories. Highlight was the 10-minute standing climb. Yow. Talk about burning in the quads. I was feeling a little tired and thought I might skimp out after 5-minutes or so. I had done the full 8-minutes the week before. I rode next to my Mentor Lisa tonight and she challenged me saying that I couldn't stop until she did. What the hell, we both made the 10-minutes. Felt good except for the cramping in both calves 30 seconds after I stopped. I've been cramping a lot lately. Going to have to figure something out. Other exercise of note was the Team Spin. The group is divided into three parts and each part pedals as fast as they can for 20 seconds in their easiest gear. The next 40 seconds are easy spin while the other parts of the group do their sprint. Repeat 2 more times. I got my cadence up to 177 rpm which I hear is pretty good. It doesn't sound very hard, but believe me, it is.

Wednesday: Nothing

Thursday: Spin class (Thursday night light). 695 Calories. This was a scaled down version of Tuesday's class. The coaches don't want to poop everyone out before Saturday's long mileage. Did another 10-minute standing climb and this time my calves didn't freak out on me. I think I could have gone another few minutes so I can really see improvement in my bike fitness level.

Friday: Nothing

Saturday: Big Ride. 45 Miles. 2920 calories!

Sunday: A little cross training to stretch out the legs. 6-mile hike at Iron Mountain in Poway.

No comments: