Wednesday, April 1, 2009

If it wasn't for bad luck...

...I'd have no luck at all. Woe is me.

Last week was a doozy.

1) My soft-top convertible had the top get stuck in place while closing.
2) Got my wallet stolen at Union Station in LA and barely made it home
3) The battery in my truck, which has sat idle in the garage for 3-months went bad and had to be replaced when I needed it the most.

Well last night after getting home from spin class I wanted to take out my contacts after showering. The strange thing is that I couldn't find my glasses in my gym bag. Hmm, must have left them on my desk at work after changing into workout clothes. I make my way to work this morning and they aren't at my desk. Oh no. I get back into my car and head back home to find the crushed eyeglasses and case in the middle of the street. It seems that they had fallen out of my bag while I was unloading my car after my workout and had been repeatedly run over during the night. After some futile cursing and driving wheel bashing, I sucked it up and went back to work for the day.

It's easy to feel sorry for myself but I suppose I have to keep everything in perspective:

1) the car is repairable, and here I am bitching about my convertible.
2) I didn't really lose anything in my wallet that wasn't replaceable and I canceled all the cards so quickly that no one had a chance to use them. I was only out the time and cost to replace my driver's license.
3) here I am complaining about my second vehicle.
4) I have a older pair of not so stylish, glasses, that are nearly the same prescription as the ones that were crushed so I don't need to immediately go out and replace them.

I've got a good woman, a good job and my health. Some people have real problems so I'll shut up now.

No comments: