Monday, November 17, 2008

Looking Forward

Endurance training is mildly addicting. Ok, who am I kidding, it is incredibly addicting. I'm not even done with my current endeavor and I'm already looking ahead. I'll be resting most of December and January but have big plans for the coming year.

Dec 6th - Milestone Challenge (Metric Century)

This is worth a special mention. The proceeds for this metric Century (62-miles) go to Skip Gleavy, a local TnT triple-crowner, having completed a marathon, century, triathlon with the Team. Skip crashed during a century ride earlier this year and is now paralyzed from the waist down. Skip is an amazing person and did all his events while fighting Stage 4 Leukemia and after a heart surgery. The TnT alumni group and local bicycle club riders are getting together to raise money to help Skip and his wife, Denise out with their medical bills.

January 17th - Stagecoach Century (Ocotillo, CA) - Local Century ride.
February-June - Mentor for TnT for another run at the Lake Tahoe Century America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride (AMMBR). Time to give something back to the program that has been such a positive part of my life the last couple of years.
June - October- PacGrove Triathlon with TnT. Triple Crown, baby!

I had originally planned to do the Lavaman Triathlon in March to get my TnT triple crown but it just didn't work out with the rest of my year goals like mentoring for the cycle team. It would also have been 3 back to back seasons, which is exhausting and makes fundraising difficult. Pac Grove is penciled in for now.

No comments: