Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another one down

Felt much stronger for today's ride even though I had to fly to Phoenix for the day and didn't get home until pretty late. I've nearly gotten rid of the cold that has been affecting me the last couple of weeks.

We had a guest mentor today (Steve) as Chad was still nursing his bruises and scrapes after last weeks tussle with a Toyota Tundra.

We concentrated on riding as a group and hung together in the hills. We did much better as a group and are finally starting to gel as a team. Good news as we have just a few more large mile rides before Tucson.

It was pretty hot today and I was sweating so much that I was going through my water bottles very quickly. Towards the end of the ride, I was nearly out with 10 more miles to go. Luckily, some of the camels on my team still had some and got together to mostly fill up one of my bottles so I could complete the ride. I may have to bring an extra bottle next week.

Here is the map of our ride. 77 miles today with an average pace of about 16.5 mph.

No comments: